In this tutorial
Forecasting potential savings for a Solar PV (or other) project is a five step process. This tutorial will take you through each step from beginning to end, addressing the most common calls, data elements and exceptions.
- Step 1. Create an Account will set up a Site for your potential customer.
- Step 2. Choose an Utility (LSE) and Tariff so we know what rate plan to use.
- Step 3. Baseline historical electricity usage and costs how much your customers paid in the past and might in the future.
- Step 3.1 Model a Solar System including sizing and pricing options and the solar models we support.
- Step 4. Calculate Savings what your customer will likely save in the first year and over the lifetime of the system in alls its lovely detail.
The example data in this tutorial is for a residential rooftop solar project, with the following details. Note however that many of the steps in this tutorial are also helpful when running a C&I Solar project forecast, or indeed forecasting savings for many other types of project.
- Residential Home
- Located in Sonoma County, California
- Gave the installer three months of electricity bills: January, February, and March
- Installer is quoting 3 kW, south-facing solar system with a 20 degree tilt
Let’s get started!